Are you bothered by Najib’s bad personal ethics? last few days of Najib’s UMNO life
The more injustice that Anwar is subjected to, the more he shines as the peoples’ champion. Arrested him, gave a black eye beat him up, locked him up, accused him of being involved in immoral sexual activities not once but twice, continue to harass him, flung 101 false accusation at him, tried to kill him off politically and maybe even physically but Anwar Ibrahim just keep getting up and coming, coming for UMNO’s neck.
The UMNO putras should understand that Najib has employed Jewish companies like APCO, David Allgroup and FBC media to attack Anwar. This confirms that Najib is under the dictates of Jewish advisors where his 1Malaysia came from.
y This is call freedom of speech! It is prostituting of media! USA is just like a big bully! Now USA is in a good term with Malaysia. For money some writers will sell their mother. Whoever paid for these anti Anwar scandal, show BN is losing the battle! This crooked, evil B.N govt is usin all the dirty tricks in their book to remain in power. I wonder who paid the bills for these opinion writers. B.N or govt ?Most likely paid from govt coffers. Another sum of taxpayers money down the drain.
Leading UK newspaper The Guardian has terminated its contract with conservative American columnist Joshua Trevino for failing to disclose his links with an agency that did media work for the Malaysian government.
WHY do you think the Inland Revenue Department (IRD) became super efficient after Mahathir Mohamad stepped down as prime minister in October 2003?
Because the national treasury was empty and income tax was a main source of income to keep the government afloat. It was then incoming prime minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi who confided in me that Mahathir had left him with an empty federal treasury.
Of course there was also Petronas and plenty of borrowings to keep Abdullah’s administration going.
Unfortunately for Malaysians, the man who was once regarded by the rakyat as “Mr Clean”, extended Mahathir’s excessiveness in milking the country’s wealth dry.
Abdullah relied heavily on internal and external borrowings to finance mega projects but did nothing to reduce the ballooning federal debts until his downfall in 2009 following the March 2008 political tsunami.
Abdullah’s successor, Najib Abdul Razak, not only extended the government’s borrowings, he and his wife Rosmah went on a spending spree, resulting in accumulating more than RM520 billion in federal debts.
NRD used to do ‘national service’ for BN
Umno prime ministers, like Abdullah and Najib, are all the same.
They have no intention whatsoever to help the rakyat or country. They just use their power to enrich themselves and their cronies with billion-ringgit projects and monopolies.
Since the national treasury was empty, the NRD was then beefed up to do national service for Barisan Nasional (BN).
In 2010, Najib’s NRD collected RM85 billion in taxes followed with another RM125 billion in 2011.
BN prime ministers will always continue to squeeze the rakyat until their “blood runs dry”.
It is estimated that if BN is not stopped from their wayward ways, the federal debt will hit RM1 trillion by 2020.
Should the people give their mandate to Pakatan Rakyat (PR) to govern after the coming 13th General Election (GE13), we should be able to heal the country’s financial standing over time and also launch people-centric fiscal policies to help ease the rakyat’s financial burden.
We can surely do this with the tens of billions of ringgit in savings from the BN government’s leakages, corruption and inefficiency.
Just give us one term to prove our worth. The next general election is the only chance for change in this century for Malaysians.
We have revealed our action plans for the rakyat and Malaysia in our election manifesto.
Some of the key measures to help ease the rakyat’s financial woes are:
> YEARLY automatic RM1,000 deposits into the accounts of Malaysians aged 60 and above;
> THE scrapping of the Automated Enforcement System (AES) which BN cronies aimed to collect some RM20 billion in speeding compound fines from 832 cameras nationwide. BN has temporarily suspended the AES due to GE13;
> THERE will be no 1Care as proposed by the BN federal government represented by Health Minister Liow Tiong Lai. 1Care makes it mandatory for all Malaysians to contribute 10% of their salary, just like EPF deductions, for health insurance. No insurance, no health service or admissions to hospitals. Guess who benefits from the billions of ringgit in collections? Of course BN cronies. PR will ensure healthcare is free to the rakyat.
> Toll collections will be scrapped in stages;
> The retail price of fuel will be lowered to reduce the cost of transportation thereby causing a domino effect in lowering the price of goods and services;
> Education will not only be free for all from primary to tertiary levels, all schools will receive yearly allocations at RM300 per pupil;
> Electricity tariffs will be reduced by removing the RM25 billion subsidy for the rich crony Independent Power Producers (IPPs) who sell their electricity to Tenaga Nasional (TNB) at high rates; and
> Taxi permits will be given to all individual cabbies and permits for crony corporates will be revoked.
The 4 generals
At PR’s recent national convention in Shah Alam, four retired military generals, two from the army and one each from the navy and air force, have revealed that high procurements without tender had cost the government some RM75 billion.
That includes submarines that can’t dive and jets that did not have engines.
According to the generals, Special Branch (police) and military intelligence, PR is expected to upset BN and create electoral history in GE13.
They also opined that there would not be any unrest should PR win GE13 because the Armed Forces will be with the rakyat.
If you recall in 2008 UMNO-BN began acquiring the services of very expensive international public relations consultants including APCO and FBC. In both cases the contracts were exposed and eventually canceled. But not after much ink and video tape had been spilled on ad hominem attacks on Anwar Ibrahim, the opposition, while blindly extolling the greatness of PM Najib Razak. These articles were portrayed as ‘journalism’ but they were in fact anything but.
With FBC facing legal action and bankruptcy, Barisan still dares to justify having employed its ethically questionable services?? They’re so rotten in P’jaya, they can’t smell their own stench
One of the people at the center of this scandal and abuse of government power was the American Joshua Trevino. In January Josh Trevino filed a report with the United States Department of Justice under the Foreign Agents Registration Unit. Any American doing work on behalf of a foreign government or politicians has to proactively register these activities with the Department of Justice.
In it we see and are reminded of a few interesting things.
- Trevino was working on behalf of the Prime Minister’s office through the companies APCO Worldwide (Washington DC), FBC Media (London, now defunct) and the David All Group (Washington DC, now defunct, its employees absorbed into APCO worldwide).
- Trevino is no longer doing work for the Malaysian government since at the very least the 3rd quarter of 2012
- Trevino received payments totaling $389,724.70 from May 2008 through April 2011 for the blogs he posted at MalaysiaMatters.com (now defunct) and MalaysiaMonitor.com (also defunct) and efforts to place other opinion pieces in US media.
- Trevino also was paid to visit Malaysia in 2008 and to attend the 3rd International Conference on the Muslim World and the West as part of his activities related to MalaysiaMatters.com
- Josh Trevino was a conduit through which payments were made in 2010 to 10 additional hired writers who published blogs and articles in the United Sates frequently attacking Anwar Ibrahim and the Malaysian opposition. These amounts totaled $130,950.
These individuals included
- Brad Jackson (received $24,700) who published articles attacking Anwar Ibrahim at the conservative blog RedState.
- Ben Domenech (received $36,000) who published articles attacking Anwar Ibrahim and his wife Wan Azizah Wan Ismail at the conservative blog RedState including this one and this one on the Huffington Post.
- Claire Berlinski (received $6,750) who published essays attacking Anwar Ibrahim at the conservative blog Ricochet.com here.
- Dr. Rachel Ehrenfeld (received $30,000) who published essays at FamilySecurityMatters.org attacking Anwar Ibrahim an Georgetown University here; a contributing editor and director of the New York City based American Center for Democracy and one of the key proponents of Islamophobia-fear in America.
- Seth Mandel (received $5,500) who viciously attacked Anwar Ibrahim at FrontPageMagazine, the National Review, Daily Caller and other conservative blogs.
- Chuck DeVore (received $3,000) former member of California State Assembly who ran for the US Senate in 2010 and lost in the Republican primary. Currently works at a conservative Think Tank. He sent out emails and published essays attacking Anwar Ibrahim and was debunked here.
- Rachel Motte (received $9,500) who attacked Anwar Ibrahim frequently at a now defunct blog called the New Ledger. One of her essays was so outrageous that she had to remove it when she was threatened with a law suit by a former US Ambassador for its libelous statements. (see my blog here). Rachel also posted at the Daily Caller and other conservative sites.
- Christopher Badeaux (received $11,000)
- David Brown (received $2,500)
- Kevin Holtsberry (received $2,000)
Let us repeat. All of these individuals were paid BY THE MALAYSIAN GOVERNMENT to publish essays that praised the Malaysian government and attacked Anwar Ibrahim in AMERICAN MEDIA and make it appear like they were independent, UNBIASED writers. This is a breach of journalistic integrity at RedState, Huffington Post and every other outlet that carried these frivolous essays.
This also reflects the ethics of the Malaysian government and its belief that it can throw a few million dollars to paper over the massive corruption taking place under its purview simply by slinging some mud at its political opponents.
Furthermore, the irony of the propaganda is amazing. In Malaysia Anwar Ibrahim is regularly attacked as being a Jewish agent and American agent. However in many of these articles the paid writers attack him for being a terrorist sympathizer, an agent of the nefarious Muslim brotherhood and and frontman for radical Islam, who hides behind a facade of moderate Islam.
Trevino himself has become the target of some ridicule. He was about to join the staff of the Guardian when information about his writing-for-hire activities was revealed to the British paper, which promptly canceled his contract.